Have you ever had stage fright? Performance anxiety? This is a problem for many performers and speakers and it often has kept artists from finding their true happiness as performers. There are many effective strategies for managing stage fright. I’ll share three here:
- Thoroughly prepare your material
- You should be so comfortable with your music/presentation that you could practically do it in your sleep. This will take away the fear of not remembering lyrics, forgetting how the song goes or flubbing your speech.
- Take several moments before you go onstage to “center” yourself.
- This is important to help you focus on the task at hand. What are the primary things that you need to remember for your performance/presentation? Don’t let your mind wander. Keep your eye on the ball.
- What is the mood of the room or audience? Should you be bringing high-energy or should you be more reposed to match… or change the mood of the room?
- Keep the audience and your service to the audience top of mind. The performance is not about you. It’s about what you can offer your audience. Remember that they are not there to be critical of you. Your audience wants to be entertained or educated. They want to have a good time.
Focus your attention on these and other techniques that you’ll learn and you’ll find that your anxieties will disappear. Join us in the ONLINE Huddle on October 6th to learn more techniques for overcoming your performance anxieties.
The ONLINE Huddle is a ten-week series of classes to help you make performing a lucrative part of your life. Whether you’re a professional entertainer or speaker or if being in front of an audience is an avocation for you. Increase your income by developing your skills. Join Dr. Greta Pope to learn how.
ONLINE Huddle October 6th – December 8th. Looking forward to seeing you in the “Huddle!”
Dr. Pope’s Wednesday night ONLINE Huddle classes are a great way to connect with others in the music industry while learning great information. Dr. Pope cares a lot about helping others reach their goals. No matter what level you’re at, joining the ONLINE Huddle is a hands-on way to grow in your knowledge of the music industry and challenge yourself to take the necessary steps toward success in your own career. I’m grateful to Dr. Pope for sharing her tips and experience with others pursuing music. The Wednesday ONLINE Huddle classes were a useful tool in my growth in the musi#2c business as I began to understand how to accomplish my own personal career goals.Destiny Capri