It’s been an exciting week!
1. The WorldChicago fundraiser ‘Incredible India…A Night to Remember’ raised lots of money to support the organization’s outstanding international programming.
2. I’m serving as President of the Hyde Park-Kenwood Auxiliary of the Children’s Home and Aid Society of Illinois. I hosted a very productive dinner meeting at my home. We’re doing great things for children and families in the Chicago area. Dinner consisted of succulent short ribs of beef, gourmet fingerling potatoes, Caesar salad, spinach and whole kernel corn. For dessert there was coffee and apples baked with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. It was a lovely autumn meal of delicious comfort foods. Everyone enjoyed.
3. Had a fun dinner party/meeting at my home with Girl Friends to plan an exciting event for March 2013. The fare consisted of several hearty salads, fruit, ice cream, Madeleins, champagne and coffee. The meal was light, tasty and healthy. Yum!
4. Booked a wonderful corporate show for November. A last minute unexpected pleasure.
5. Stay tuned for updates on the SAG-AFTRA Chicago fundraiser coming up in February 2013. Hope that you’ll join us for what promises to be a fabulous evening featuring top Chicago personalities More info to follow.
It’s going to be a quiet, rainy weekend of paperwork, baking and time with Ed. How nice!
Visit me on the web
Dr. Greta Pope has enjoyed a three decade career as an in-demand entertainer for corporate events, as well as public and private events of all types. She has performed throughout Europe, the Far East, South America and the Caribbean, as well as in the United States and Canada. Dr. Pope is a published author. Her book is entitled Music, Money & You; Managing the Business. It is used in the Chicago Public Schools and is available at booksellers nationwide.
Dr. Pope is President/CEO of Greta Pope Entertainment, Inc. since January 1991. The company is in the business of Entertainment Production, Publishing, Recording and Educating. Greta Pope Entertainment products include the shows Duke Ellington, Cole Porter, American Songbook, American Jazz in Paris and International Intourlude. The most recent Greta Pope Entertainment, Inc. production is the very popular MOTOWN...Pride of the Motor City! show. For more info visit www.gretapope.com
Dr. Greta Pope is the founder of the PrivateMusicStudio.net, where she offers Business Education products for Singers, including Business Courses, Business Consultations, Voice Lessons and Piano Lessons. She also hosts The Business Savvy Singer Podcast. For more information or to join the "tribe" of Business Savvy Singers, visit www.privatemusicstudio.net